The United States Women’s Soccer team will be playing for the most coveted trophy in football this Sunday, July 5, against an unexpected opponent, Japan. For those who won’t make it to Vancouver this weekend, you can still support the home team at one of these pubs (most will be running specials during the game) and experience the best football atmosphere outside the BC Place Stadium in Vancouver. Here are the best places to watch the Women’s World Cup finals in DC.
- O’Sullivan’s Irish Pub, Clarendon – classic Irish pub with good Irish grub and beers on tap located at 3207 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201
- Murphy’s Grand Irish Pub, Alexandria – superb fish and chips, friendly service, and live music afterwards located in Old Town, 713 King St, Alexandria, VA 22314
- The Queen Vic, H Street – traditional British pub offering happy hour specials throughout the match on 1206 H St NE, Washington, DC 20002
- The Irish Channel at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/Downtown – enjoyable hotel bar with typical Irish food located on 500 H St NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Boundary Stone, Bloomingdale -neighborhood pub with plenty of beers on tap and great local atmosphere that sits on 116 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001